Nuffnang Code

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Active Nation Day by Lorna Jane at BGC

enjoy working out and sweating but what becomes a great struggle for me is finding (or making) time for it. With all the things I juggle with, I often disregard working out and just make time to rest than to stay fit. However, I feel guilty not being able to give time for my fitness. 

Luckily for me and thanks to my HealthJunkie.ph family, I got the opportunity to join the Lorna Jane Active Nation day at BGC. 


The Active Nation Day is a movement created in 2012 by Lorna Jane to inspire women, and communities to live a more active lifestyle. The Active Nation Day is a simultaneuous activity in different countries that aims to commit peopl to put their health and fitness first and inspire others as well. 

The Active Nation day here in Manila had Zumba, HIIT, and Yoga as part of the celebration. 



It was my first time to encounter HIIT or the High Intensity Interval Workout. I joined half of the workout and I had an intense workout literally. I only was able to join for about ten minutes doing high knees, lunges, and squats. It also included jumping squats and jumping lunges. It was a short workout but it got me pumping for the entire day. I even had sore muscles even after two days. I guess that is why they call it high intensity.

Afterwards, to cool down all participants, Yoga was taught and it was perfect after a high intensity workout. It got my muscles relax a bit and my heart calm down. 

Aside from the workouts, merchants were also in the event like Playground ( where they gave out free passes for all participants), Bayani brew, Messy Bessy, and Vitamix. 


Health Junkie PH founder Tonette Nicolas with some participants after the program. 

The People behind the Active Nation Day in BGC

To know more about the Lorna Jane Active Nation: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lazada Indonesia