It's not known to a lot of people that I am a fangirl. Yes! I AM A FANGIRL. I have a high tendency to get hooked on an artist or author or any person I admire. One of the many things I fangirl about is Pinoy bands. I remember going to SM Megamall on a schoolday in college for an album launching of Bamboo with Sugarfree and Hale as the front acts. I was teary eyed watching Champ of Hale singing The Day you said Goodnight and got as many free posters as I can. I am also a big fan of Sugarfree, I bought CDs and printed their lyrics just so I could sing along (with feelings, ha!) with them. When they visited our campus I made sure I had a poster and a sign from them. I was so proud that Ebe wrote my nickname on the poster. Feeling close ako nun. Another fangirl moment was my first UP fair, a thank you to a friend who gave us back stage passes. Grabe! I saw all great Pinoy bands there and my fangirl needs were more than satisfied. Haha!
It's been so long since I fangirl any bands and somebody just unleashed my superpowers again!! Hihi!
Let me introduce to you the:
BENNY BUNNY BAND
I got to watch three of their gigs already and I go home each time wanting to hear or see more of them.
Here's why I love them:
1.I did not know them before but they got me at "Pam Together" song. It is a song Benny (lead vocals) wrote about Pam from the series The Office. AND I LOVE PAM AND JIM HALPERT. I was such a fan I recorded them on my phone.
2. The Ukelele. And its electric. ( Tama ba?) Anyway it is a nice touch to the music and I didn't know it can sound like how it sounded. (I'm no expert in musical instruments hihi)
3. The good vibes. Everytime I watch them I feel happy. The performance is consistent everytime that spreads to the audience. You would want to know the lyrics and sing along. It's like endorphins performing in front of your eyes, into your ears and would make you dance to your feet.
4. Highly relatable songs that puts unexplainable feelings and emotions into words. Feelings you thought could never be expressed, Benny bunny band has put it into writing with just the perfect sounds.
5. Kilig to the next level. You wished you were the one who's song's been dedicated to. You would want to be the anghel na walang pakpak or Laarni or Pam. Feeling ko nga kanta sakin ng asawa ko yung Ikaw na ang Anghel, Bow! Haha!:P
6. Love song minus the cheesy corny feeling. You know its a love song but you don't know what/how/when it hit you, you just know that it's a great song.
7. The music is contagious and has a high recall. You would want to hear it again and again because you remember how it made you feel. Lahat happy, lahat loved.
In short, the band is an all in package. You hear excellent music, sing to #feels lyrics and watch extraordinary performance everytime.
Benny bunny band is a REAL band. True to their music, true to their craft, true to their passion!
Listen to them and I guarantee you, you will be a fan!:)
Here's a link to my favorite song on soundcloud: Ikaw na ang Anghel, Bow!
Please watch, listen and support Pinoy Music!:)
I won two tickets to Intramuros Rising! Thank you again, Benny Bunny Band and Burn Mercado.
Fangirling! Thank you sir Aj and sir Burn! *Apir!*
Stalking at the Intramuros Rising 2 last December!
At Sev's Cafe for Katha by Para sa Sining productions. Di nako nagpapicture kasi baka sabihin fan na fan ako haha!:)
Thank you Benny Bunny Band for the music! You got one fangirl here!:)