Nuffnang Code

Thursday, June 26, 2014

When Organic Just Won't Do: 9 days of OGX Hair Products Review

Let me share with you my hair story:

 Since I was a child I had short hair. It was because my hair was very thin, frizzy and "buhaghag". In high school I only had long hair during my first year but couldn't keep it up so I had to cut it really really short. I would call it my "tomboy" days. It was only in my senior year did I learn about the relaxing hair treatment that would straighten my hair. This started all the hair treatments I did to my hair until last year when I got pregnant.

With all the hair treatments I did with my hair, I had damaged hair. Complete with all the split ends, dryness and hair fall. I have tried a lot of hair products until I decided to stop treating my hair with chemicals. I have not undergone my hair to any chemical treatment yet since I became pregnant and I think my hair's thanking me for it now.

So since I subscribed to the May BDJ Box, I found a new hair product that I tried which is the OGX Hair Products. Inside the BDJ Box are three variants which includes Argan Oil of Morocco, Biotin and Collagen, and Keratin Oil.

OGX Hair products included in the May BDJ Box

Here's a little description of the hair products from their official site:

argan oil of morocco

This rare formula has a centuries-old history of providing natural vitamin E and antioxidants while renewing your hair’s cell structure, sealing in shine, and creating lush softness.Safe For Color-Treated Hair • Safe For All Hair Types 
Sachets of Argan oil of Morocco shampoo and conditioner

biotin & collagen

A high performance blend of powerful ProVitamin B7 biotin infuses nutrients into every strand, while plumping collagen adds volume and dimension, and hydrolyzed wheat proteins strengthen, for thicker, fuller, healthier looking hair.
Shampoo and Conditioner

keratin oil
Indulge in rich, fortifying keratin proteins that reinforce each strand, increasing elasticity to resist breakage caused by brushing and styling, while argan oil conditions and smoothes creating a luminescent shine. Strands are strengthened from within and nourished throughout for longer, stronger hair.
Safe For Color-Treated Hair • Safe For All Hair Types


Shampoo and Conditioner

So after 9 days of trying all these variants, here's my review on the following shampoo and conditioner. Each variant has 3 samples included in the box, each variant for three days. Here's the summary of my experience with OGX shampoo.


My favorite of all the variants is Biotin and Collagen because it made my hair soft and smelling fragrant as well. It also made my frizzy hair a little tamed. It also has the most number of stars for its tangle-free effect on my hair. 

All the variants had amazing scents and it smelled great even the whole day. I loved the Keratin Oil's scent the best because it smelled like royalty for me. hihi!:) The lather of all the variants was great because it was really foamy both shampoo and conditioner. I love anything foamy!:) It also made my hair soft but it was not the softness I would want my hair to be. 

Sadly, for the non drying and tangle-free effect of the products I did not get the results I wanted. My hair type is really sensitive and dries up easily I really need a product that would address that. OGX shampoo and conditioner was not able to make my hair not dry and without tangles. I felt that the products were a lot oilier than the usual products I use making my hair feel heavy and damp. As with the tangles, it was a lot harder for me to comb my hair because of the heaviness of the product. So unfortunately OGX did not do my hair good.

Will I repurchase again, maybe not. It's because of my hair type and hair problems that did not really suit their products. If I would repurchase I would try the other variants, who knows I might finally find my match!:)

Have you tried any OGX hair products? Please share with me your experience as well. 



1 comment:

  1. You have the May BDJ box pala before. I also have that. Sayang lang they only have few samples on the Keratin which I really like. I hope that one came in full size. Since January this year, I haven't ordered from then since always akong nahuhuli. I want to complete it pa naman sana.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lazada Indonesia