Nuffnang Code

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Manila Workshops: The Art of Storytelling by Kuya Bodjie

Are you one of those kids who watched Batibot in the 90's? If you were, who or what was your favorite segment or "kuya" or "ate" there? Well, mine's Kuya Bodjie and I remember anticipating his storytime during the show.  It was two or three years ago that I learned that he actually does Storytelling workshops and I was so eager to go. For several years now I have yet to have joined his workshop. Sadly, I always have other commitments in his scheduled workshop. So sad. But I know soon I'll be able to join one too.

You may wonder why I love him so, well, aside from the Batibot show, I also got to watch him in his guesting in The Ryzza Mae Show. He told a story to Ryzza about a Lion and she was that scared just by the story told by Kuya Bodjie. I know he is THAT GOOD and I bet I'll learn a lot from him which I can share with my toddler, Enzo. It is also because as I am pursuing my career in Preschool Teaching, learning from the best storyteller will really benefit me.

But anyway, enough of my sadness, I am positive that I'll be in his workshop soon too. Great news for you because Kuya Bodjie will have his workshop this Friday care of Manila Workshops.

About the Speaker: (From Manila Workshops official site)
Luisito Pascua attended acting classes at the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in New York.  He started working for his BFA degree at the University of Southern California which he eventually obtained from New York University in 1978.  At NYU, he played the title role in Moliere’s “The Bourgeois Gentleman”.  To date, he has appeared in over 100 productions with the Philippines’ top theatre companies.  Filipino children perhaps know him best as “Kuya Bodjie” in the TV shows “Batibot”, “Bulilit”, and “Sige, Sali Ka Na!”, and currently as “Tito Luis” in ABS-CBN Foundation’s “Epol-Apple”.  He is a consistent nominee for Star Awards’ Best Children’s Show Host, which he has already won twice.  He helped conceptualize and produce “Bulilit” (1990 Catholic Mass Media Awards Best Children’s Show) and “Sige, Sali Ka Na!”.  He is also a freelance actor for film, TV, radio, and commercials and documentaries, directs, writes, has collaborated with young filmmakers in developing their award-winning short films and has been all over the Philippines as a popular storyteller to children of all ages.  He has designed curricula and/or given classes to numerous groups in the Philippines.  He is the founding president of Alitaptap Storytellers Philippines at the Museo Pambata and used to sit as a Sectoral Representative for Storytellers at the Philippine Board on Books for Young People

You can register here: http://manilaworkshops.com/events/the-art-of-storytelling-2015
and please use my code: TYJ KUYABODJIE2015

 Thanks and if ever you'll attend please share with me what happened, I will be looking forward to it!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lazada Indonesia